Thando Thabethe and Katlego Maboe Shine At The SAFTAs


One doesn't get to do this much in these days of celebrating mediocrity, so it is my pleasure to tip my hat off to Thando Thabethe and Katlego Maboe for doing a stellar job hosting this year's SAFTAs ceremony.

While this year's SAFTAs has been marred by controversy, as it has become the norm, one positive thing most on social media can agree on is that the hosting pair did a great job. I, unfortunately, missed the broadcast because of a friend's birthday dinner on Saturday. But from what I gathered it is a general consensus that they were on point. 

This appreciation of Thabethe and Maboe comes at an interesting time in our country where decision makers are starting to see the importance of expanding the scope of opportunities in this industry. We are now seeing other people beside the usual favourites get opportunities to host major events — and they are stepping up to the plate.


For me, this further enforced the belief I have held for years that if you create platforms people will rise to the occasion. I have also mentioned it on numerous times that our industry can not sustain itself on the success of or attention on only 5 women when there are many within this industry who are equally talented and capable not getting the same chances to shine. 
Congratulations to Thando and Katlego. We see you. Let this be the beginning of your skills being appreciated, recognised and given a chance. I honour and you wish many more moments like this. 

Keep up the good work. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.