Monday, July 4, 2016

Word Is: D'Banj Got Married To A South African Beauty

Word coming out of Nigeria is that The Kokomaster D’banj has tied the knot. The lucky lady is said to be 24 year old Lineo Kilgrow and the pair was betrothed on Saturday, July 2nd 2016.

According to Naija media reports, the ceremony was an intimate registry wedding with only about 25 people present. The “couple” is also believed to have already tied the knot traditionally in June at the bride’s hometown in Jos.

Apparently guests thought they were attending a birthday soiree for D’banj’s father only to be told there will be witnessing the couple's wedding. In an interview in April 2016, the crooner did say that if he would get married, he is going to make sure it is a private event.

In January 2015, D’banj expressed his desire to get married that year. He told a reporter; 
‘Well, I don’t know yet but I know that I am intending to do it this year. More importantly for me, I’ve always wanted to have a child, but last year my brother, Kay Switch had a child and it brought so much joy to me. So this year, I’m thinking of settling down to have my own Koko junior soon.’

Lineo Kilgrow, known as Didi, is MTV Base Africa‘s ‘The Bigger Friday Show’ co-host Samantha Walsh’s sister. Her father is American and her mother is Nigerian-South African. "Lineo" as South Africans will know is a Sesotho name which means 'gifts' and pronounced like the more common Setswana name 'Dineo'. 

Oh well, sorry ladies. But don't despair... As yet there are no pictures or confirmation from D'Banj's camp that he is off the market. 

I'll keep you posted. 




No comments: